Poon Ning Mangga: Proud to be a Bicolano

It's a song way back in 2009. My friend introduced this to me and I am, wow, this is good! I hope that Bicolanos will also be recognized by this type of hype besides the old-fashioned Sarong Banggi. It's rare to have this kind of composers who promote the Bicol language.

The acoustic melody of Poon Ning Mangga is really nice and the lyrics is so cool even though it's speak of failed love and third party. Though tragic, the music is playful. The lyrics goes like reminiscing the old days, about his love. At present, the guy was telling a story of how he love his girl before but now she is pregnant from another man and before he doesn't know that the girl has another guy.

This is part of the lyrics, I haven't got the whole one but I hope you will enjoy watching it here.

"Ta maski anong sakong gibuhon,
dai na kayang ibalik ang kadto. 

Ta dai ko maaram an gigibuhon, pagnailing kang may kaibanan iba, 
Makulog man ini para isipon pero ma-na kita magiginibo,
Pag an bata mo may bata na pa lang iba. 

Ang bata mo may bata man pa lang iba!
Ang bata mo may bata man pa lang iba!
Badus-badus, bakong ikang ama."

Whatever I'll do, it can never bring back the past.
I can't think of what to do when I see you with someone else.
It aches to think about this, but there's nothing more to do,
when your girl has another man.

Your girl has another man!
Your girl has another man!
Pregnant, it's not yours.

You can also have a copy, download Poon Ning Mangga.