How to Turn ON Suncellular Load Protect (Surf Protect)?
My SunCellular Load Protect Issues
I was using Suncellular Lite PhP25 for three days unlimited internet as I mentioned in this SunCellular's 3Days Unlimited Internet for PhP25 post. The subscription is cheaper, right? But I cannot load more than PhP25 every registration because I cannot turn ON the Load Protect in my SunBroadband SIM.
What happens when I load more than PhP25? My Sun SIM consumes the remaining load even if the mentioned subscription is unlimited. Weird, right? This is because the Auto Connect Even When Roaming is enabled in my device. This setting lets me use the SMART signal (Sun's sister company) thus, the "roaming" to network and NOT the roaming we know about when we are abroad. And when it uses the SMART network, it charges my account for the "roaming" fee at the default rate of PhP5/15minutes. This is not quite fair. But still I prefer to surf while roaming with the SMART signal because the internet is way faster than the SUN signal. You can notice this once you started using SunBroadband SIM. The equation is like this: when the SUN signal is shown on your device, slow internet; when the SMART signal is in use, better internet speed.
Thus, the problem occurs when I am loading more than the amount I need to register. Sun sent me notifications that I have been charged PhP5/15minutes for accessing sites without data even if I am in unli subscription. My remaining load will be consumed and the notifications will only stop once my balance reaches zero. The pain of loading the exact amount on my part is that I have to go to the store every time I need to reload. This going to a retail store is strenuous unlike when I am just buying SunCellular prepaid load cards one time to load my account in the future. Another thing, the retail store charges me another Php2 for every load!
How to Activate the Sun Load Protect?
SunCellular's notification includes an info that I can turn the Load Protect in my SunCellular SIM by sending LOAD PROTECT to 2300. Yey but not yet! So, the trick to activate the Load Protect in your device is NOT sending LOAD PROTECT to 2300 because no matter how much load you have and how many times you'll try, it won't send (just failure). Maybe the keyword is intended only for Suncellular Prepaid users and not for SunBro users. You can try the keyword using a regular Suncellular prepaid SIM; if it did not work, try the guide below. Update: Send DATA OFF to 9999 instead. That will prevent internet charges to your SIM when you are accessing websites without an active data package. Thanks to an anonymous user below who provided us this keyword!
|My Sun Load Protect Activation Guide|
1. Go to My Sun website (click) and enter your Sun SIM number in the box to continue. See pic above for reference.
2. It will detect that you still don't have a My Sun account and the page will prompt you to register.
3. Input your name and surname. Create a password, retype it at the last box and hit REGISTER.
4. A verification code will be sent to your number and you have to check your broadband device for the message.
5. Input the verification code in the box at the My Sun page and click OK. Now, your Sun SIM has a valid My Sun account!
6. Click the My Account at the upper right portion of the page. You will see the Surf Protect logo and the indicator that it is turned OFF. Click the indicator to turn it ON and a new window will pop-out.
7. Wait for the new window to fully load and enter your My Sun account password. Then, the pop-up window will disappear and your Surf/Load Protect is now enabled.
|SunCellular SIM Load Protect is ON|
Enjoy and Share this post via the social toolbars below.
Use the comment form below for your feedback and queries.