How to Pay Air-Asia Online via Globe GCash?

I happen to become interested in cheap flights and found AirAsia as an alternative to Zest Air. Their rates are cheap and they have promos almost every week. One of their payment option is through DragonPay where we can pay through our debit cards with Master Card and Visa logo in it (i.e. RCBC, BDO Internet Banking, Unionbank EON, BPI ExpressOnline, Metrobank Direct, etc.) even if we don't have credit cards (just make sure that your debit card has balance in it). Recently, since DragonPay also caters GCash payments, you can now pay your Air Asia flights via your GCash account.

The story goes:
We (my workmates and I) are planning to go to Palawan this coming October to see the world wonder Puerto Princessa, I got our booking through the base fare of PhP8 in Air Asia. Cheap right? The twist is, promos are limited to exist for a certain period of time and in a first come first serve basis. Another problem is, I don't have credit cards, I only have a Banco de Oro (BDO) account which is honored in Air Asia. But in order for me to use my BDO card, I have to enroll their DragonPay account first before I can transfer my funds for payment. As I registered, the confirmation of my enrollment took almost a week and the promo may be gone after that. So, I opted to use their GCash payment and it only took about seven minutes to pay and get my itinerary valid.

Here's how:

1. After you input your information and selected your travel dates and add-ons in Air Asia website, you will be asked to pay for your flight. You have to check Agree to Terms and Conditions first and click Direct Debit then click the DragonPay button.

2. Choose Globe GCash in the drop-down menu box that will appear in a new window. Input your 11-digit GCash number and your email address where you will receive your itinerary then, hit the Pay button. DragonPay will send a notification in your cellphone through text message and you have to reply with your GCash PIN within 5 minutes, otherwise your flight will not be validated. After confirmation, check your email for the validation of your flight from Air Asia. That's all! Easy...


Enjoy your flight!