Trick to Prevent Smart LTE Signal Block Due to Heavy Downloading
Sponsored LinksSmart Communications provides LTE signal to its millions of users but this service comes with a condition that users will not exceed 1.5GB usage per day once subscribe to any of Smart's unlimited internet promos. Otherwise, their LTE (or 4G) signal will be cut off or blocked and they can only continue with their internet access using the 3G signal. Unlimited but with limits?! This is similar to Globe's Fair Usage Policy (FUP) which allow their users to browse, download, upload or stream any internet content using their HSPA+ connection but within the 800MB data limit when registered to any of Globe's unlimited internet promos. So, Smart's is bigger with the limits but there's still a limit. Smart monitors each user's internet data usage and once you reached the limit, your SIM will be blocked from getting the LTE signal (#forever!) and your signal will be downgraded to 3G. This is called throttling but in Smart this will be forever unlike with Globe, you can regain your H+ signal after midnight. You can also use this tutorial on Unblocking Your Smart SIM Blocked Internet Access.
Any internet user will prefer access to LTE signal because it's way faster than 3G and it saves surfing time and provides you as much as many streamed or downloaded files as possible. If your location is already included in the LTE signal coverage, why will you let yourself locked up in the slow 3G signal especially if you are a heavy user?
New! Unli Internet With Unli Call and Unli AllNet Texts For Less Than PhP10/Day (Smart/TNT)
a. Smart Jump-IN SIM (Student SIM) - can be bought for PhP15-20 from a Telco store. It is an LTE-capable SIM. Register it to any LTE unlimited internet promo from Smart (i.e. LTE 50 (1 day), LTE 299 (7 days) and send to 2200).
b. USB Broadband Stick or Modem (SIM-Capable) or an internet-capable Android phone or tablet - better if it is LTE-capable
1. Insert your Smart Jump-IN SIM to your broadband stick or modem and access your broadband settings or your phone's internet settings. Input the following values:
Profile Name: Smart LTE Lagi (Any name)Hit Save and make it your default internet profile. If this fails, try setting the APN to Dynamic (Auto) and hit SAVE. If you are still being blocked, use the default Globe APN: http.globe.com.ph.
No proxy and port
2. Connect your broadband or your phone to the internet and start browsing, downloading, streaming and uploading the unlimited way!
*LTE signal only works if you are registered to an LTE promo, is using an LTE-capable device and SIM and your area is in the LTE coverage. Otherwise, you will only be enjoying the 3G/H+ signal.
Remove Capping/Throttling of Your Smart SIM
If you are registered to LTE/Unlisurf promos or to the Piso/Dos Unli Internet Per Day promos, somehow you might have experienced that your network speed is always at the minimum. If this happens, try the registrations below to remove the capping/throttling of your SIM. Don't worry, they are FREE of charge. You only have to redo some of the steps in the Piso/Dos Unli Net Per Day.
1. Setup your APN as the one above (APN: smartbro).
2. Send PROTECT ON to 9999 and wait for confirmation that your load is now protected.
3. Send FREE WIKI to 5555 and wait for confirmation.
4. Send POWERAPP OFF to 5555 and wait for confirmation message.
5. Send ROAM OFF to 333 and wait for confirmation.
6. Done. Enjoy the unlimited internet in the real sense of it!
Prevent Capping/Throttling of Surfmax Promos
You might want to check the post on Overcoming the 800MB Bandwidth Limit of Your Subscription
1. Send PROTECT ON to 9999 and wait for confirmation.
2. Register to SURFMAX50/SURFMAXPLUS (send to 9999) and wait for confirmation.
3. Send FREEWIKI to 5555 or to 7577 and wait for confirmation.
4. Done. You can now enjoy the unlimited internet without the worries of being capped or throttled.
I haven't tried this using the SmartBRO SIM because I don't have one and it is more expensive to purchase.
If your SIM Card is already blocked from the LTE signal, your internet will always be in 3G. But you can recover your LTE signal by calling the Smart's Customer Service at *888 or messaging them at their Twitter account (@SMARTCares). You only have to ask them to unblock you from the LTE signal and they will surely do that.
Enjoy and Share this post via the social toolbars below.
Use the comment form below for your feedback and queries.